Are you a newlywed?
Did you just get engaged?
Are you and your partner looking to take your relationship to the next level?
Do you have any of these issues:
- You and your partner have arguments that don’t get resolved
- You feel like you’re always the one who has to compromise to keep the peace
- You’re concerned about how your partner’s financial situation will affect you as a married couple
- You’re worried about losing affection or having a diminished sex life after marriage
- You want to find healthier ways to resolve conflict
- You want to resolve religious or financial differences
- You want to define your marital roles and expectations
… Then pre-marital counseling can be a great benefit to both you and your partner. Pre-marital counseling might be last on your list, if it’s there at all. And yet this investment in time can set your marriage up to succeed and survive long-term, in spite of the odds.
I offer non faith-based premarital counseling. We go over a series of questions that cover all aspects of your married life, so that you can work out the problems ahead of time. You will also receive a letter saying you have been for premarital counseling, which waives the counseling fee when you apply for a marriage license.
Pre-marital counseling will help you learn how to be a better listener, and how to make your voice and needs heard in a productive and positive manner.
Pre-marital counseling will also show you how to handle conflict in your marriage. When you live with someone, you will have arguments ranging from the very mundane to more serious issues. How you argue will be a part of the story of how you are as a couple. Learn how to de-escalate arguments so you don’t cause emotional pain from things you said that you’ll never be able to take back.
For guidance and support to strengthen your future relationship, please contact me today so we can schedule an appointment.